Thank you for your interest in posting to Western students and Alumni.
We're excited to work with you!
By advertising your paid employment opportunities on our free, self-serve portal, Western Connect, you can reach Western students and alumni from our 12 faculties and over 200 programs. If you would like to learn more about the ways you can connect with Western students and build your on-campus brand, please contact us:
All postings on Western Connect must include a full position description. This includes: a short summary of the opportunity, the duties & responsibilities, and the required skills/qualifications to successfully peform the role. Where possible, please indicate to whom the applicant should address their cover letter to.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We do not permit asking for a photo of the applicant as part of the application process.
Recruit with an Equity Diversity and Inclusion Focus
Western is a community that values the inclusion of its members. We encourage all organizations to implement recruitment and retention policies that support equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI). When adding your job and internship postings to Western Connect, where applicable, please answer YES to the question that asks if your organization has recruitment and retention policies that support equity, diversity and inclusion and include a copy of your EDI policy in the designated box. If your organization does not currently have an EDI policy, you are welcome to review Western’s commitment to employment equity.
Please read below for our terms and conditions for using Western Connect
All organizations recruiting at Western University are expected to comply with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws, including but not limited to laws relating to human rights, employment standards, occupational health and safety, and labour laws. Careers & Experience at Western University reserves the right to prohibit an organization from posting employment opportunities based on their failure to comply with the law, and complaints, behaviors or actions contrary to the guidelines listed in this document, and for any other reason at our reasonable discretion.
Students and alumni are strongly encouraged to thoroughly research organizations/opportunities posted on Western Connect prior to applying. Should questions arise about a posting, the organization will be contacted via phone or email for more details.
Should an organization have questions about this document or recruiting at Western University, they may contact:
Creating an Organization
An employer initially creating their organization in Western Connect will provide the full name of their company.
Creating a Division
Divisions are used to separate hiring units within the same organization. For example, Company XYZ has offices with hiring units on both the east and west coast. Therefore, there are 2 separate divisions under this organization: East Coast and West Coast. The east coast staff will create employer profiles under the East Coast Division, and the west coast staff will create profiles under the West Coast Division.
If an organization has only one Division, the Division name will be the same as the organization name.
Creating an Employer Profile
An employer profile will provide full organization contact details, including an email with a valid domain associated with their organization. Employer emails that have a generic domain (hotmail, gmail, yahoo etc.) or are missing pertinent details will be contacted to validate the authenticity of their account.
1. Paid hourly or salaried full-time, part-time, contract, and summer jobs. These are employment opportunities that receive standard hourly or salaried income from an employer.
2. Paid hourly or salaried Internship/Co-op Work Terms: All internship and co-op work terms are subject to approval by the relevant campus coordinator. To review the different internship/co-op programs offered at Western, please see our website. When accessing the Internship/Co-op portal in Western Connect to post your jobs, please click on the program links provided for detailed information about a particular co-op or internship program. Should you have questions or require confirmation of program qualifications, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of Opportunities Also Permitted, with Certain Guidelines
3. Entrepreneurial/Franchise Opportunities*: Entrepreneurial/fanchise opportunities are defined as offering one or more of the following:
- Students run their own business or franchise, but no formal salary is offered
- Compensation is based on commission
- Student pays fees for training and/or materials
- Opportunity involves penalties and/or fees if the franchisee leaves the program
All initial investments such as associated upfront fees must be indicated in the posting.
*Careers & Experience at Western University reserves the right to request an updated copy of the employment contract to keep on-file.
4. Third Party Recruiters: Third-party recruiters, as defined by the Canadian Association of Career Educators and Employers (CACEE), are considered to be agencies, organizations or individuals recruiting students for employment opportunities with other organizations.
- Third party recruiters must disclose the name of the employer for each submitted posting to email@example.com on a confidential basis. This information will not be released to students unless permission to release is granted by the third party recruiter.
- No direct referrals will be made for vacancies listed by third party recruiters without posting and/or contacting candidates with the information relating to the position.
- Candidates' resumes must not be held in the files of the third party recruiter for later referral to other positions unless authorized by the candidate.
1. Unpaid or Volunteer Opportunities are not permitted on Western Connect. This includes stipends, honorariums, or other forms of payment that are not standard hourly or salaried wage. Please contact Pillar Nonprofit Network to discuss posting volunteer opportunities in the London and surrounding area.
2. Third Party International Internship/Co-op Opportunities: Organizations offering third party internship/co-ops abroad must contact Western International . If you are unsure if your opportunity is considered a third party international internship/co-op, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Opportunities that require applicants to pay up front fees as part of the application process.
Create Your Western Connect Account
Go to this link to create your Western Connect account. Your account will be reviewed within 2-3 business days, and you will receive confirmation via email once approved.
Create Your Job Posting
Login to your Western Connect account
Click on Job Postings in menu
If you’re posting a position as part of our Internship/Co-op programs select that menu
Select the category of posting you would like to create
Click the Post a New Job button or Repost a Job to copy a paste posting
- Complete the form.
- Click the “Submit Job Posting for Approval” button at the very bottom of the page.
- Postings will be screened within 2-3 business days. We will notify you via phone or email should we have any questions.
- For your convenience, you can log in anytime to check the status of your posting or post additional roles.
Collect Your Application Documents
There a number of ways you can collect candidates' application documents. When toggling to the Application Information section of your posting, you will see a dropdown next to "Application Procedure". There are several options for collection, such as: Employer Email, Employer website, and Through Western Connect. If you select “Through Western Connect, applicants will upload their application documents (such as cover letter, resume, transcripts, writing sample, etc.) directly to Western Connect, and you will be able to download the application packages from your account.
Schedule Your On-campus Interviews at Western
In addition to posting roles through Western Connect, we can also assist with your interview process. We will work with you to schedule your student interviews, and provide a quiet place to interview candidates in our dedicated on-campus interview suite.
For more information on how to book on-site interviews, please see our Interviews page.
Please contact us at email@example.com